Monday, December 3, 2012

End of the semester update


I am a terrible blogger.  It is that simple.  And I shouldn’t make excuses for myself, but I will say that I waver between being comfortable with putting personal information on the Internet and being absolutely terrified by it.  That is part of the reason why I am such an inconsistent blogger.  But I really want to get into the habit of blogging now so that I can keep my blog updated while I am studying abroad in Austria next semester.

However, now that I have that rant out of the way, I will attempt to write about something more interesting.  For example, I am currently listening to a playlist on iTunes titled “MUSIC OF OUR LIVES.”  It consists of 11 songs that my roommate and I listen to frequently.  My favorite is “House of God, Forever” by Jon Foreman.  My second favorite is probably “Remind Me Who I Am” by Jason Gray.  Both of these songs remind me that God is always with me. And that is the kind of encouragement that I especially need right now.  Since it is so close to the end of the semester, I have been very unmotivated and burnt out.  All I really want to do is spend this dwindling time with household sisters who will be graduating in the spring.  Because I am going to be studying abroad in Austria next semester, these final two weeks of the semester are the last quality time I am going to be spending with them.  Even though I am planning to come back for their graduation I know that time will be hectic and I won’t really get to spend as much time with them then as I would like to.  But even though this is a bittersweet time of year, it is also really fun when I do get to spend time with household and friends. 

And actually, some exciting news about household is that… *drumroll* …I was inducted on Thursday night!  I am now officially a Carae Domini sister!  J 

That is all the exciting news I have for you tonight, folks.  Sweet dreams! 

No comments:

Post a Comment