Sunday, October 28, 2012

Infantile Imaginings

This evening, while hanging out and "doing homework" with my friends, I decided to go through the files of my old stories which are saved on my computer.  It proved to be pretty funny!  In a story that I wrote as a twelve or thirteen year old, a young knight tries to win the love of a young woman.  But her father is trying to marry her off to a different man.  Much emotional drama ensues, but every one ends up living "happily ever after" with the proper person.

What about this did I find so amusing?  Perhaps the fact that it's so true.  I want to be pursued by a knight in shining armor!  I want to get married to him and live happily ever after!  The characters that I wrote about as a young teen reflect, in some sense, the desires of my heart.  As a human, I desire to be loved.  And I am.  I am the Beloved of God!

"Behold, you are beautiful, my love; behold you are beautiful; your eyes are doves." 
 - Song of Solomon 1:15

No comments:

Post a Comment