Saturday, May 26, 2012

Worth It

One of my summer jobs is to get one of my uncle's buildings ready for new renters.  Now, this place used to be a greasy pizza joint, and hasn't been cleaned in.....a really long time.  Needless to say, this job has been an experience (for lack of a better word).  The past eight business days have held tasks such as: power washing the floors, scrubbing the walls and ceiling (in preparation to paint) and scraping wall paper.  I will spare you, gentle reader, the gory details.  :)

You may be wondering: do I like this job?  The answer is no, not especially.  But it is worth it.  Why?  Because I want to study abroad next year and this job is helping me make that dream a reality.  The tediousness and grossness of this job are going to pay off.  All of that will be forgotten when I am able to visit the heart of Christendom in the Vatican, the early martyrs in the catacombs, the places Our Lady appeared at Fatima and Lourdes, the shrine of St. Philomena, the green shores of Ireland, and so many other places that I have dreamed of seeing.  Yes, it will be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment