Friday, May 11, 2012

Summertime

The past few days have been full of cleaning and organizing.  I think I finally have all my college paraphernalia in storage.  However, it was a bit of a depressing thought to think that I will have to undo everything I just spent the past three days putting away come fall.  Still, it is a good feeling to be home for the summer with one year of college under my belt.

I always make big plans for the summer...and end up doing very little of my list.  Here are some of the things I have on my list for this summer:

1. Earn $$$$  - I am hoping to study abroad next spring, so I need to earn money for that trip.
2. Learn one new piano piece a week - It has been a while since I have seriously practiced piano and my skills are beginning to atrophy.
3. Try not to forget Latin - This semester of Latin was challenging and I know I will forget vocabulary and grammar if I don't practice.  When I will practice is a good question....
4. Teacher Education Application - In order to take upper level classes in the Education program at my university, I need to complete and submit this application when I return in the fall.
5. Read lots of books - My list grows everyday.
6. Sew - One of my favorite hobbies is sewing.  I am blessed to have a campus job where I can use my sewing skills, but I need to make sure I keep getting better!
7. Bake bread - Doesn't fresh bread sound really good right now?
8. Relax - end of story.

AND.... blog!  :)

In case you don't know me very well, or you haven't figured it out by the end of this post, I like to make lists.  I make lists all the time.  It is an obsession or a compulsion, whichever way you would prefer to see it.  :)

To end this post, I thought I would remind you (as my mom has been reminding us all week long):

 SUNDAY IS MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to do something special for your mom!

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

  1. Stasia! I'm hoping to keep up my Latin skills too. I've heard from several people that the best way to keep your Latin sharp is by going over the readings for Mass in Latin. You can probably find everything you need online (assuming you don't want to just buy a missal): a good Latin dictionary (Whitaker's Words is what I used for Latin class), the text of the Vulgate (it's on Amazon), and the readings themselves.

    P.S. - You should put the book "Searching for and Maintaining Peace" (Fr. Jacques Philippe) on your reading list if you haven't read it yet...it's really good, and it might be exactly what you need spiritually right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David! That's a great idea. I know I have enough grammar under my belt to be able to translate the readings, because we translated a bit of the Vulgate in class this past semester. :) So cool.

      Also, I will put that book on my list. I've got a LOT of reading that I want to do this summer! :)

      Delete